- Norman Public Schools
- News Releases
Stephanie Williams Selected as 2023 State Assistant Superintendent/Central Office Administrator of the Year
Norman, OKLA. (May 18, 2023) – The Oklahoma Association of School Administrators (OASA) is pleased to announce Mrs. Stephanie Williams of Norman Public Schools as the 2023 OASA State Asst. Supt./Central Office Administrator of the Year. Mrs. Williams was also named the OASA District #7 Central Office Administrator of the Year.
The recipient of this award is selected by a committee of leading school administrators. In order to be selected as the OASA State Superintendent of the Year, the following criteria must be met:
- Must be a member in good standing of OASA
- Demonstrate successful experience in top level educational administration
- Must have a sound, dynamic and realistic philosophy of education
- Must be a person who can inspire and motivate people and give support and recognition for the contributions of others
- Must have a record which evidences continued professional and personal growth through appropriate training and experiences including skills in human relations and the stamina to cope with the pressures of the job
- Must have the ability to speak for education on all levels with special emphasis on the district level
- Must have made contributions to educational administration
“Assistant Superintendents and Central Office Administrators play vital roles in promoting best practices that lead to the highest standards of student achievement, including best practices in instructional excellence, financial and budget integrity, efficient facility and transportation operations and fostering community support,” said Dr. Pam Deering, CCOSA/OASA Executive Director. “These leaders support the leadership team, the superintendent, and the district as a whole. We are excited and proud to recognize Stephanie as an outstanding school leader who represents next level leadership.”
Mrs. Williams is wrapping up her 19th year in education. Beginning as a teacher in Norman and Oklahoma City Public Schools, she has worked in several roles from Principal to Executive Director of Student Services over the years. In 2022, she started her Doctoral program with Southern Nazarene University, with her degree being Education in Administration and Leadership. Mrs. Williams is an active member in both OASA and NASSP and contributes her time and expertise serving on several boards, and even chairs the Diversity and Equity Council with Norman Public Schools.
“I am deeply honored and humbled to have been named the State Assistant Superintendent/Central Office Administrator of the Year,” Williams said. “I am inspired daily by all of the amazing educators I get to work alongside. I have been fortunate along the way to work with phenomenal leaders that have mentored, supported and grown me. For that, I am grateful beyond measure. Public education makes a difference every single day in the lives of our students and community, and I am blessed that I get the opportunity to be a part of it.”