WHAT TO KNOW
- Due to forecast inclement weather, schools will be closed Wednesday, Feb. 2
- This will be a traditional snow day and no instruction will take place for students.
- All school activities are canceled Wednesday, Feb. 2
- We will continue to monitor the situation in conjunction with our weather partners, but if conditions warrant, we will observe traditional snow days Thursday, Feb. 3 and Friday, Feb. 4.
- Final decision for Thursday and Friday will be communicated as soon as possible Wednesday.
We have been in close contact with our partners at the National Weather Service in Norman and at Weather Decision Technologies. A winter storm is forecasted to impact the Norman area beginning Wednesday, potentially making conditions hazardous by early afternoon. Given the timing and potential severity of this event, out of an abundance of caution we’ve made the decision to close school Wednesday, Feb. 2. This will be a traditional snow day and no instruction will take place for students.
Current forecasts predict conditions will worsen Wednesday evening and into Thursday. Should it become necessary, it is our intent to observe snow days Thursday, Feb. 3 and Friday, Feb. 4. These would also be traditional snow days and no instruction would take place for students.
We will continue to monitor conditions in close contact with our weather partners and make a final determination for Thursday, Feb. 3 and Friday, Feb. 4 as soon as possible Wednesday. For more information about our winter weather procedures, visit www.normanpublicschools.org/StudentSafety.