Norman Parents As Teachers (NPAT)
How do you help your children learn, grow, and develop to realize their full potential?
Information: This program is free of cost and designed to serve a range of ages of children from families who are expecting a child (prenatal) to those with a newborn, infant, toddler, or preschool-age child. Children can be served in the program until they are ready for a positive school transition in Pre-K or Kindergarten.
Enrolled families receive:
- Personalized home visits from certified parent educators trained by National Parents As Teachers
- Parent educators provide family support and information about a child’s development to assist in parents being their child’s first and most influential teachers
Child Developmental Screenings
Early Partnership between school and home:
- Positive first school experience
- Help prepare families and children for school readiness
NPAT provides a weekly come and go Stay and Play for enrolled parents and children held at Jackson Elementary.
Monthly Parent Group meetings
Resources and referrals:
- Connect parents to community resources
- Provide referrals to appropriate professionals within the community
- Use reliable research-based curricula
- New topic each month
NPAT Supervisor/Parent EducatorPatricia Yanez
NPAT Bilingual Parent Educator
NPAT Parent Educator
firstname.lastname@example.orgYou can reach NPAT by phone at (405) 366-5884.