NPS Parents As Teachers
How do you help your children learn, grow, and develop to realize their full potential? “NPS PAT”
Enrolled families receive free:
- Personalized home visits from Certified Parent Educators trained by National Parents As Teachers.
- Parent Educators provide family support and information about child’s development to assist in parents being their child’s first and most influential teachers.
Monthly Parent Group Meetings
Resources and Referrals:
- Connect parents to community resources
- Provide referrals to appropriate professionals within the community
- Use reliable research-based curricula
Child Developmental Screenings
Early Partnership between school and home:
- Positive first school experience
- Help prepare families and children for school readiness
NPS PAT provides a weekly come and go Stay and Play for enrolled parents and children held at Jefferson Elementary.Contact: Amy Madden, NPS PAT Supervisor/Parent Educator for Norman Public Schools at (405) 323-9733, Patricia Yanez, NPS PAT Bilingual Parent Educator at (405) 307-6714, or Pat Valley, Indian Education Parent Educator at (405) 366.5809.