Why Choose Norman?
Nestled in the heart of a world-class academic community, the Norman Public School District is the eighth-largest in Oklahoma. The district, which is located near the University of Oklahoma, has earned a reputation for academic excellence, robust fine arts programs, first-rate athletic teams and providing opportunities for all students to reach their full potential.
Norman Public Schools provide an exemplary education for students through consistent curriculum, innovative partnerships and rigorous professional development for educators. The district has repeatedly been recognized for academic excellence in Newsweek, the Washington Post, U.S. News & World Report and more.
Our teachers are offered unparalleled support not common in other districts. For example:
- All teachers receive MacBook Air laptops to support instructional goals.
- An intensive, four-day induction equips all new teachers with a strategic understanding of district operations, knowledge of available curriculum and technology support resources.
- New teacher ambassadors at every school provide site tours and serve as the "go-to" person for questions about staff, facility, supplies and much more.
- Individuals who are new to the profession are paired with an experienced teacher who provides feedback on classroom instruction, offers support regarding classroom routines and proactively answers questions new teachers may have.
- Robust professional development programs are designed to help all teachers grow into their full potential.
Norman Public Schools is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or veteran status.