Why Choose Norman?
Nestled in the heart of a world-class academic community, the Norman Public School District is the eighth-largest in Oklahoma. The district, which is located near the University of Oklahoma, has earned a reputation for academic excellence, robust fine arts programs, first-rate athletic teams and providing opportunities for all students to reach their full potential.
Norman Public Schools provide an exemplary education for students through consistent curriculum, innovative partnerships and rigorous professional development for educators. The district has repeatedly been recognized for academic excellence in Newsweek, the Washington Post, U.S. News & World Report and more.
Our teachers are offered support not common in other districts. For example:
- All teachers receive MacBook Air laptops to support instructional goals.
- Competitive compensation
- University community focused on academic excellence
- Test scores above state and national averages
- Robust professional development
- Out-of-state experience recognized on pay scales
- Tuition waivers for eligible educators pursuing graduate studies at the University of Oklahoma
- $1,500 signing bonus for special education teachers, speech pathologists, interpreters for the deaf, school psychologists and occupational therapists
- Health providers at every school
- Unparalleled community support
Out-of-state experience is reflected on our pay scale
We have continued to increase teacher pay despite statewide budget shortfalls
Our educators are eligible to receive tuition waivers for graduate studies at the University of Oklahoma
$1,500 signing bonuses for Special Education Teachers, Speech Pathologists, Interpreter for the Deaf, School Psychologists and Occupational Therapists
Norman Public Schools is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or veteran status.