Be Bold. Be Norman.
We are #NPSProud. Join our team by applying online today!
- 2023-24 starting compensation for teachers: $47,139
- 100% district-paid Teacher Retirement benefit for all full-time, eligible employees
- District-paid health insurance for full-time eligible employees
- Special education educators, including special education paraprofessionals, will receive a 7.5% addenda (state minimum addenda is 5%)
- ZERO-cost after-school childcare for employees' school-aged children
- $354 million dollar bond issue passed by the Norman community in February 2023
- NPS accepts all out-of-state years of public school teaching experience
- Graduate study tuition waivers available to all certified staff
- 5 State Teacher of the Year Finalists in the past 5 years (2018-present)
- 2 NPS educators named Oklahoma Teacher of the Year (2021 and 2016)
Nestled in the heart of a world-class academic community, the Norman Public School District is the eighth-largest in Oklahoma. The district, which is located near the University of Oklahoma, has earned a reputation for academic excellence, robust fine arts programs, first-rate athletic teams and providing opportunities for all students to reach their full potential.
Norman Public Schools provide an exemplary education for students through consistent curriculum, innovative partnerships and rigorous professional development for educators. The district has repeatedly been recognized for academic excellence in Newsweek, the Washington Post, U.S. News & World Report and more.
Our educators are offered additional support not common in other districts. For example:
- New Teacher Academy
- New Teacher Liaisons and assigned Mentor Teachers
- Access to District Instructional Coaches
- State-of-the-art classrooms and technology, including MacBook laptop for every teacher
- Unparalleled community partnerships and support, including health providers at each school and access to school resource officers
- State-of-the-art academic, performance and athletic facilities
- Zero-cost after-school care for employees' school-age children
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts community-wide
- Aspiring Principals Academy
- Professional Learning Communities and built-in professional days throughout the year
- Building subs at each school site to assist with class coverage and student supervision
- Competitive starting compensation for teachers: $47,139
- All relevant years of out-of-state experience are reflected on our pay scale
- 7.5% addenda for educators in special education positions, including special education paraprofessionals
- Tuition waivers for graduate studies at the University of Oklahoma
- Competitive athletic and fine arts addenda for teachers, coaches and sponsors
Norman Public Schools is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or veteran status.
Norman Public Schools is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need consideration for an accomodation due to a disability or to apply for a position, please call us at (405) 447-6599 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line Disability Assistance.