NORMAN PUBLIC SCHOOLS
About Norman Public Schools
Nestled in the heart of a world-class academic community, the Norman Public School District is the seventh-largest in Oklahoma. The district, which is located near the University of Oklahoma, has earned a reputation for academic excellence, robust fine arts programs, first-rate athletic teams and providing opportunities for all students to reach their full potential.
Norman Public Schools provide an exemplary education for students through consistent curriculum, innovative partnerships and rigorous professional development for educators. The district has repeatedly been recognized for academic excellence in Newsweek, the Washington Post, U.S. News & World Report and more.
Norman Public Schools offer:
● Freshman Academies
● College and Career Centers
● Unique Advanced Placement programs
● Hands-on STEM enrichment opportunities
● Robust Fine Arts programs at every grade level
● Competitive and successful athletic programs for middle and high school students
● Competitive academic clubs, after-school programs and activities
● Special education programs that maximize opportunities for students
● Robust community partnerships that allow educators to serve the whole child
Building for the Future
Norman residents continue to support public education and invest in projects that enhance students’ learning environments. Since 1972, voters have approved $432 million in bond funds for capital improvements, instructional enhancements and technology upgrades. The most recent bond issue provided funding for more than 40 projects throughout the district, including the creation of Freshman Academies and College and Career Centers at both high schools.