Enrollment and Withdrawals


    Step 1: Families who are new to the district, please click here to complete the 2019-2020 online registration. Only one registration is needed per household. Please add all children in the registration before submitting the form. There is no need to print the registration summary. 

    Step 2: Email copies (PDF or clear photos) of your photo identification, proof of residence (two utility bills or a purchase/lease agreement), child’s birth certificate and immunization records to stuserv@norman.k12.ok.us

    Step 3: If you have access to a printer, please print and complete the forms below then email copies (PDF or clear photos) to stuserv@norman.k12.ok.us. If you do not have access to a printer, you may request the forms be mailed to your home. You must also mail the completed forms to Norman Public Schools, Student Services, 131 S. Flood Ave., Norman, OK  73069, as state and federal guidelines require that we have original signatures for our files.

    Step 4: After receiving a reply from Online Registration that you have been processed, please click here to register for a Parent Portal account.


    If you do not have internet access, or if you have additional enrollment questions, please contact: 


    Angela Beyer (elementary)

    (405) 310-7688



    Dawn Cahill (middle school and high school)

    (405) 294-2630




    2020-2021 Online Registration begins in July for all new and returning families. If you need pre-enrollment information for the 2020-2021 school year, please contact your NPS Student Services at stuserv@norman.k12.ok.us. 


    If you need to withdraw your student from Norman Public Schools, please click here to complete the NPS Student Withdrawal Form and send a picture of your photo ID to stuserv@norman.k12.ok.us. You will receive an email confirmation for your records. Withdrawal grade information will be available in May. 

Enrollment Confirmation

  • Enrollment Confirmation Events

    • Attendance at enrollment confirmation events is required for both new and returning students. 
    • Online registration will reduce time spent at the event.
    • Attend enrollment confirmation. 
    • Items required at confirmation of enrollment:
      • Both new and returning students must bring proof of residency in the form of two (2) utility bills, under the guardian's name (water, gas, electric) or a purchase/lease agreement for recent moves. If you do not have these documents, please contact your school site or the NPS Administration building for other options.
      • If you are new to the district, you must have your child’s birth certificate and immunization record.
      • Please note that students must be up-to-date on all immunizations to attend school. Click here for information on state required immunizations.

State Enrollment Requirements

  • Per state law, no child shall be enrolled in kindergarten unless he/she has reached the age of 5 years on or before Sept. 1 of the school year. No child shall be enrolled in first grade unless he/she has reached 6 years of age on or before Sept. 1 of the school year. NPS district policy does not allow for early entry into kindergarten. Students entering for the first time at NPS for pre-kindergarten, kindergarten or first grade must present their official, state-certified birth certificate along with certification from a licensed physician or an authorized representative of the State Department of Public Health that the student has received or is in the process of receiving required immunizations. Parents of any new or returning student enrolling in NPS must present two proofs of residency of the district and the school in which the student is being enrolled. Such documentation could include utility statements, lease agreements, etc. The residence of a student for school purposes is the legal residence of the parent(s), guardian, or person having legal custody of the child. It may also be a foster care home or the state-operated institution in which the child has been placed. The residence may also be the district in which a child who is supporting himself entirely resides or attends school. Any questions as to the place of residence for school purposes shall be decided pursuant to Oklahoma State Department of Education regulations.