OCTOBER 13 - PSAT AND SENIOR SAT INFO
The PSAT will be given to 9th, 10th and 11th graders on October 13th, 2021. Seniors who previously signed up will have the opportunity to take the SAT (without writing on this day). Although the PSAT is not a required test, it is a practice opportunity for the SAT and an opportunity to be screened for the National Merit Scholarship Program. Students taking the test, should arrive at school by 8:45 to eat breakfast and find their assigned classroom. Rosters will be posted by the Commons area and 700 hallway beginning Monday, October 11th. There will be no zero hour or advisory the day of the PSAT. Check below or with your Advisory for more detailed information on what to bring. Contact Ms. Storm or Ms. Knight if you have any questions.
Students should bring:
- Sharpened No. 2 pencils with erasers
- Approved calculator (Basic graphing or scientific calculator)
- Student ID
- Students are encouraged to dress in layers due to varying room temperatures
Two different learning experiences will take place on Oct. 13th for Seniors.
1. Seniors who already signed up for the SAT will report to NHS by 8:50am to take the SAT test. If students did not sign up, they will not be able to take the SAT because no more tests can be ordered at the time. Seniors who are registered have received an email with their testing location.
2. Seniors who did not sign up for the SAT will have an extended learning day. These seniors are encouraged to use this instructional day for learning about either colleges or careers. *Students may do this type of learning electronically or in person by visiting a college campus OR by job shadowing at a business. Parents will need to call their child's attendance office to report the absence on 10/13. Then seniors must submit some proof of this work to their attendance secretary for this to count as an instructional day. Proof of work can include but is not limited to: report from online work, documentation of college visit, short description of job shadowing experience with signature of business employee who was shadowed. Seniors have until Friday, Oct. 22, 2021 to submit this documentation.
*Students who choose to attend campus will be given the opportunity to work with NHS teachers on FAFSA, SAT/ACT prep, work on college applications, resumes and learn more about post-secondary options. These sessions will be held in the Science Building on testing day.
YEARBOOKS ON SALE
Yearbooks are on sale now at Balfour.com for $50. Order now to lock in the best price! Prices will increase in January and again in March.
Senior parents, senior recognition ads are also on sale at Balfour.com. Ad prices vary based on size, but if you purchase a full page ad, you will receive the book for free.You will be able to design your own ad online, or select a template. You can also design your own ad with software from home and upload the finished product. You can also choose to send materials to me and we will design the ad for you. Finished ads must be either .pdf or .jpg files. We cannot accept others.
If you have any questions about yearbook or senior ads, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
All staff and students will be using the e-Hall pass system for a touchless hall pass system. Below are two videos for all students to watch to learn how to create their hall passes while at school. We will have a soft roll out of this system during the next 2 weeks as all staff members and students learn the system. We will notify everyone when we are ready to quit using all paper passes and completely move to e-Hall pass. Students will login to e-hallpass.com/login and sign in with their google account.
Students, here are videos to learn how:
The ASVAB test will be given on Friday, November 12 at 9:00 a.m. in the Seminar room (room 704). It should last most of the morning. If you are interested in signing up, please email Mrs. Storm at email@example.com by Thursday, November 4, 2021.
The ASVAB is the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery. It is an aptitude test that measures developed abilities that helps predict future academic and occupational success. If you are interested in any branch of the military, please sign up to take this test.