Federal Programs: Serving the Needs of Students

  • The Office of Federal Programs manages funding received from federal and state sources. This funding enables students, teachers and other staff members to have equitable opportunities for achievement and professional growth. The Federal Grants office distributes funds from several federal grants; Title I Part A, Title I Part D, Title II, Title III, Title IV,  Title VI, McKinney Vento, and Carl Perkins.

    Federal Programs

Federal Programs Complaints

  • The district receives federal funds and has established a complaint process to help ensure compliance with federal grant requirements. Any student, parent, community member or employee who believes the district has violated any regulation connected with the expenditure of federal funds should notify the district using the process outlined in Board of Education Policy 2007, which governs complaints.

    Report Fraud, Waste, and Abuse.  To report fraud, waste, abuse, misuse or mismanagement of U.S. Department of Education (ED) program funds (this could include complaints concerning employees, fund recipients, educational institutions, contractors, collection agencies, or lending institutions), please use the online Hotline Complaint Form (see box below).

    If you prefer, you may contact the Inspector General's Hotline by:

    • Calling the OIG Hotline's toll-free number 1-800-MIS-USED. Hotline Operators take calls during the hours of Monday and Wednesday 9:00 AM until 11:00 AM, Eastern Time; Tuesday and Thursday, 1:00 PM until 3:00 PM, Eastern Time except for holidays.
    • Downloading a hard copy of the Hotline Complaint Form (https://ed.gov/about/offices/list/oig/oighotline.pdf), and completing, mailing or faxing to:

    Inspector General's Hotline 
    Office of Inspector General
    U.S. Department of Education
    400 Maryland Avenue, S.W.
    Washington, D.C. 20202-1500
    Fax: (202) 245-7047 

    Your report may be made anonymously or in confidence. No classified information should be submitted to the Hotline. If your complaint involves classified information, please submit your contact information to the Hotline (via phone or complaint form) and request that you be contacted to make separate arrangements so we can receive your complaint.