Cleveland Elementary Drop-Off Procedures
Please review and follow the procedures outlined below and on the map. It is imperative we work together to ensure the safety of our students.
- Students are to be dropped off at specific locations determined by grade level. Families with multiple students should drop all children off at the youngest student’s designated location.
- Drivers should pull as far forward as possible in the drop-off zone before the child exits the vehicle.
- When a vehicle enters the designated drop-off zone, students should be ready to promptly exit to help prevent traffic congestion.
- Students arriving at the Pre-Kindergarten - Kindergarten area (west oval) should be dropped off at the east side of the oval, nearest to the building.
- Drivers who are dropping students off at the 1st - 3rd-grade area (front oval) must stay in the appropriate land and only allow students to exit the vehicle in the drop-off zone. It is critical that drivers do not attempt to squeeze between vehicles or pass buses that are operating their stop sign.
- Drivers who are dropping students off at the 4th - 5th-grade area (northeast side of campus) must stay in the left lane, which is nearest to the building.
- Crosswalks must remain clear of traffic at all times (no stopping or unloading).
- Students who are crossing a lane of traffic in either oval must wait for an adult on duty to escort them across traffic to the building.
- Students who arrive before 7:40 a.m. must report to the cafeteria. Any student who arrives at 7:40 a.m. or later can report to their classroom.