Arrival and Dismissal Procedures:
As they appear in the Longfellow Student Handbook
Students enter the building when the 8:25 bell rings each morning. Students in the building prior to 8:25 must check in at the office. Students wait with their grade level until the first bell rings in these locations:
--6th grade – Courtyard
--7th grade – Softball outfield
--8th grade – Basketball Court
When it rains or is cold, beginning at 8:10 a.m. students will wait inside with their grade level in these locations:
--6th grade -- Gymnasium, north bleachers
--7th grade – Gymnasium, south bleachers
--8th grade – Gymnasium, south bleachers
- Stay on campus. Once you arrive at school in the morning – whether by bus, private transportation, biking or walking – do not leave campus for any reason. Students who leave campus may face disciplinary action.
- Breakfast begins at 8:10 a.m. Enter and exit the building through the east cafeteria doors. When finished eating, go to the meeting area for your grade. The cafeteria will close to students at 8:25. The only acceptable excuse for being tardy from breakfast is when your bus is late. Even then, you need to get food and go to class. Students arriving by bus may get breakfast to take with them to class if they arrive after 8:25.
- If you arrive after 9:00 a.m., sign in at the office to receive an admit slip. Oversleeping, traffic problems, illness without a doctor's note, etc. are unexcused; you will be counted tardy if you arrive before 9:00 a.m., and counted absent after 9:00 a.m.
After 3:50 p.m., the buildings except for the office are locked; the only students to be allowed on campus are those waiting for a ride or part of a teacher-supervised activity. Once you leave campus – even just to walk across the street – you should not return.
- Walkers and bike riders should leave campus by 3:45 p.m. at the latest.
- Bus riders go directly to their buses or wait in the bus oval – do not leave campus and try to return to ride the bus. Buses leave campus at approximately 3:45 p.m. or shortly after loading. Do not plan on your bus being late; be in the bus oval area on time. If you miss your bus, teachers will not call the bus back for you, you may use the office phone to call for a ride.
- Car riders wait in front of the building.