Freshman Check-out Procedures
- Call Ms. Swiderski at 405-366-0511
- The earlier in the day you call to check out your student the better
- Your student will receive a pass for the requested check out time to leave class and meet you at the main exit
Freshman Academy Team
Freshman Academy Team: Phone: (405) 366-0511
Freshman Principal: Mr. Lorenzo Alferos, email@example.com.
Freshman Counselor (A-K): Mr. Yves Saintelo, firstname.lastname@example.org.
usFreshman Counselor (L-Z): Ms. Megan Teer, email@example.com
Freshman Secretary: Ms. Eileen Swiderski, eswiderski@norman.
Norman North High School’s Freshman Academy is designed to provide ninth graders with the strong foundation and supports needed for a successful transition to high school and overall success in all areas of high school. Research shows that the academy concept eases students’ transition from middle to high school as they adjust to their new surroundings. Freshman Academy communicates four key values to the students in every aspect of the learning environment: Participation, Achievement, Cooperation, Kindness. Our mantra is: We run as a PACK! We strive to ensure every student has a successful freshman year. To achieve this we will focus on 3 main goals:
- Five academic credits earned by end of year
- Identify and join one school-based group/activity/sport
- Connect and build relationships with one trusted adult in the building
Freshman Academy: At-A-Glance
The Norman North Freshman Academy strives to prepare students for the difficult high school transition by:
- Creating a sense of community (small school within a big one)
- Creating and following common expectations
- Assisting and helping with the change in rigor and increase in expectations (flexibility)
- Building relationships and support systems
- Creating accountability and helping students advocate for themselves
- Creating awareness of future college and career options
- Working to reduce retention rate