Fall 2023 Grant Applications - APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN!
*CLICK HERE TO APPLY - Applications due Sept. 26, 2023 by 11:59 p.m.
Applications should focus on instructional materials, opportunities or experiences that directly impact students.
Each classroom grant request may not exceed $1,500 (including shipping).
To allow more teachers to benefit from the program, each teacher may submit one classroom grant application.
- Team grants are designed to provide teachers with an opportunity to implement an innovative, hands-on, project-based learning experience for a larger group of students. Applications should focus on collaboration and/or cross-curricular projects and should provide an innovative learning experience that otherwise might not be available for students. Team members may include colleagues across, as well as within, grade levels or disciplines. Administrators may also be included as appropriate.
Each team grant request may not exceed $3,000 (including shipping).
A team includes two or more teachers (can be cross-curricular).
Teachers may apply for one team grant in addition to one classroom grant application.
Only one application per team will be considered.
Applications should promote collaboration while also focusing on instructional resources, opportunities or experiences that directly impact students.
- Fall 2023 Timeline
- Applications due: September 26, 2023 (by 11:59 p.m.)
- Awardees announced: October 2023
- Funds expire: December 15, 2023
Please include your name and school only at the beginning of the application. Your name and school may not be included in the grant description, as applications are reviewed using a blind evaluation process.
The Norman Public School Foundation was created to enhance the educational experience for students in Norman Public Schools. Since 1984, the organization has furthered this goal through the Classroom Grants program. Grants are designed to provide enhancements to classroom environments and empower teachers to be creative and innovative as they create engaging lessons. Some recent examples of funded projects include:
- Digital microscopes
- Math reasoning materials
- Accounting software
- Air traffic control radios
- Robotics rocket kits
- Forensic science resources
- Weather forecasting equipment
- Outdoor garden activities
- World music curriculum
- Creative LEGO story starters
- And much, much more!