Copyright, Fair Use and Plagiarism
What is covered by copyright
- Original works of authorship (this includes everything on the Internet)
- Creative works
- What is, and is not, protected by copyright?
- Copyright Glossary of Terms
- Public Domain FAQs
- Copyright and Primary Sources
What is NOT covered by copyright
- Common facts
- Telephone books, directories
- Theories, ideas, concepts, systems, or methods
- Names, titles, slogans, or short phrases
RELEVANT POLICY: NPS Board Policy 5002 - II - Duplication and Use of Copyrighted Materials
- Use Information Correctly: Copyright and Fair Use
- Use Information Correctly: Avoiding plagiarism
- What is Creative Commons?
- Creative Commons: Use & Remix
- CC Search
- What is Public Domain?
- Plagiarism Quiz from WriteCheck
- Plagiarism Explained (2:41)
- Is It Plagiarism Yet?
- Quoting, Paraphrasing, and Summarizing
- How Do I Avoid Plagiarism?