The Norman Public Schools Fleet
Norman Public Schools is proud to partner with Thomas Buses
- Thanks to our wonderfully supportive community and the passage of the 2014 bond, 18 new buses were added to our fleet in the 2017-2018 school year.
- We anticipate adding an additional 16 buses by the end of the current school year.
- We are upgrading all video systems with the new 24/7 technology.
- We are sending 22 older, high-mileage buses to auction.
- Bus radio systems are being upgraded to include the "Talk About" chanel to improve efficiency and communication.
- 98% of all buses in the active fleet will be air conditioned by October.
- WiFi will be available in motor coach and activity buses.
The addition of 71 new buses will:
- Reduce the possibility of crowding.
- Reduce the occurrence of breakdowns.
- Increase route efficiencies.
- Improve equipment utilzation factors.
The active running fleet currently consists of:
- 1 motor coach
- 2 activity buses
- 9 micro buses
- 10 lift buses
- 66 school buses
- 15 new 71-passenger buses
- 51, 59-passenger buses