All elementary schools offer Full-Day Kindergarten Programs, with 7:50 AM to 2:50 PM as the hours. Parents may request Half-Day Kindergarten for their students with 7:50 AM to 10:30 AM as the hours. Norman Public Schools uses an Integrated Curriculum, which follows the Oklahoma Academic Standards. Adopted materials include McGraw Hill Wonders, TCI Social Studies, Everyday Math and STC Elementary Science. The developmentally appropriate program fosters growth in the areas of intellectual, social, emotional, physical and language development and provides the challenge for children to learn according to their individual growth patterns.
Kindergarten is required for all students in Oklahoma. Norman Public Schools implemented free Full-Day Kindergarten during the 2006-2007 school year. Some families indicated a request for Half-Day Kindergarten and are provided with that option, with their students attending from 7:50 to 10:30 A.M., Monday through Friday. This option should be indicated upon enrollment at the elementary sites.
Parents are urged to enroll their students in Kindergarten if they have not already done so at their neighborhood school. To enroll, parents must bring (2) two proofs of residency, an official birth certificate and a current immunization record of their child. Parents who have already enrolled their students in Kindergarten must confirm the student's enrollment in July at their school office.
2019-2020 Full Day Kindergarten Enrollment Dates:New to Norman Public Schools
Current Norman Public Schools Pre-K students:
- February 11-March 1 Kindergarten Enrollment for students new to Norman Public Schools
- All Kindergarten students must enroll at the neighborhood school in their attendance area
- Families may complete their forms and return their Kindergarten enrollment materials to their school site
- January 24 Enrollment forms for current Pre-K students will be sent home in Thursday Folders
- February 11 Enrollment forms due back