All elementary schools offer Full-Day Kindergarten Programs, with 7:50 AM to 2:50 PM as the hours. Parents may request Half-Day Kindergarten for their students with 7:50 AM to 10:30 AM as the hours. Norman Public Schools uses an Integrated Curriculum, which follows the Oklahoma Academic Standards. Adopted materials include McGraw Hill Wonders, TCI Social Studies, Everyday Math and STC Elementary Science. The developmentally appropriate program fosters growth in the areas of intellectual, social, emotional, physical and language development and provides the challenge for children to learn according to their individual growth patterns.
Kindergarten is required for all students in Oklahoma. Norman Public Schools implemented free Full-Day Kindergarten during the 2006-2007 school year. Some families indicated a request for Half-Day Kindergarten and are provided with that option, with their students attending from 7:50 to 10:30 A.M., Monday through Friday. This option should be indicated upon enrollment at the elementary sites.
Parents are urged to enroll their students in Kindergarten if they have not already done so at their neighborhood school. To enroll, parents must bring (2) two proofs of residency, an official birth certificate and a current immunization record of their child. Parents who have already enrolled their students in Kindergarten must confirm the student's enrollment in July at their school office.
2023-2024 Full Day Kindergarten Enrollment Dates:New to Norman Public Schools
Current Norman Public Schools Pre-K students at all sites:Enrollment flyer goes out in district-wide Thursday Folders
- March 23 - Kindergarten opens for Online Enrollment
- March 20 - Sites receive all print materials for February 27 - March 10 enrollment for students new to NPS
- March 20 - Sites to display Kindergarten Enrollment banners
- March 20 - Sites to display Kindergarten enrollment banners and hang enrollment posters on front entrance area of school
- March 1 - Principals/Secretaries receive Pre-K to Kindergarten letters of intent for parents of current Pre-K students
- March 9 - Parent letters signed by site Pre-K teacher and Kindergarten letters of intent go home in Thursday Folders or at conferences
- March 24 - Current Pre-K students - Kindergarten letters of intent are due back to Pre-K teachers
- March 27 - 31 - Sites call parents of current Pre-K students for Kindergarten letters of intent that have not been returned
- March 24 - TSC rolls current Pre-K students to Kindergarten
- July 5 - Meal benefits application available in Parent Portal
- TBD - Back to School Night 5:30 -7:30 pm