Media outlets that need information, interviews with any school or district personnel, or access to a school campus must first receive authorization from Norman Public Schools by contacting:
Executive Director, Communications and Public Relations
- All news media must receive permission from the Norman Public School District's communications office prior to accessing a school campus during normal school hours. Permission must be received prior to any photography, videotaping or interviewing is conducted on any campus. This is to ensure parents’ expectations of student privacy are met and there are no disruptions to the learning environment.
- Permission must also be granted from the communications office prior to scheduling interviews with NPS employees to ensure news media interview NPS personnel who are the most knowledgeable of the subject matter of the news media's reports.
- Reporters and/or photographers who have been authorized to visit a school campus must check-in and out with the main school office and wear a visitor’s badge at all times.
- NPS will not release the names of students under 18 years of age to the media without prior consent from the student’s parent or guardian.
- The names of students over the age of 18 years of age will not be released without prior consent of that student.
- Names of victims or suspects will not be released by NPS. News media will be referred to a hospital, police department or fire department for that information.
- Home addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses of students and NPS employees will not be released to the media without prior consent from the involved parties.
- Open Records Requests should be directed to the NPS Board of Education Open Records Custodian, 405.366.5874. Those making requests may also complete the Open Records Request form and either email or fax it, 405.366.5851.