Dear Madison Family
October 12, 2021
Madison Elementary Bond Update
Madison's Annual Pumpkin Decorating Contest
It’s October and that means pumpkins are everywhere! Let’s take this harvest theme and bring it into our library for some reading fun! This month Mrs. Curtis is asking you to complete this really fun project with your family!
- Step 1: Select a book and read it together.
- Step 2: Pick one character and create them on a small pie size pumpkin or fake pumpkin. We highly encourage you to use a fake one as they don’t rot, are cheaper, and are easier for students to carry. They can also keep them after the contest is over. They are available at craft stores for about $6-7. (A small enough pumpkin that the student can carry it.)
- Step 3: Decorate it, paint it, glue things to it and get creative! (Please DO NOT CARVE / CUT it though!)
- Step 3: Complete the form at the bottom and bring it to the library with your pumpkin.
Please send your pumpkin, form and book you read between October 18th and October 22nd. Pumpkins will be on display in the library until October 29th. We will vote for our favorites during that week and announce the winner on October 29th. Pumpkins can be taken home to enjoy on October 29th. A video tour of our pumpkins will be available on SeeSaw on October 25th.
Fall School Pictures are Coming
On the Horizon at Madison Elementary:
10/14 - Fall Picture Day
10/25 - 10/29 Book Fair
10/25 - 10/29 Wellness Week
10/29 - Character Dress Up Day/Fall Parties
NPS Illness Protocols
We wanted to remind parents of the recently updated NPS Illness protocols. We don't want anyone to be caught off guard. See below:
An individual should not attend or remain at school with certain symptom(s) or combination of symptoms, illness, or if feeling unwell. Please contact the Madison health professional (@ 405-366-5910) for information on when to return to school. General pathways to return to school following illness, symptom(s), or if feeling unwell are outlined below:
- An individual can return to school after 10 days from symptom(s) onset and if symptom free* for the last 24 hours prior to returning.
- An individual can return to school after three days from symptom(s) onset if symptom free* for the last 24 hours prior to returning and have a negative COVD-19 test (laboratory confirmed and not an antibody test) or with a doctor/physician’s note indicating the date to return to normal activities.
Remember, NPS Illness Protocols apply to all NPS staff and students. All of the information is subject to change based upon guidance from the CDC, OSDH, and medical experts.